Karveti Nagaram is situated 35 km away from Tirupati in Chitoor district. It can be reached from Tirupati via Pachikapallam and Rayalacheruvu. It takes about one hour to reach this temple by bus from Tirupati. This temple can also be reached via Puttur. As this town (nagaram) was built by cutting the forest, it got the name Karveti Nagaram.
This temple is believed to be built in 15th century. The main diety in this temple is Venugopalaswamy. The main idol in this temple has cow behind him and with Makara Thoranam, all in single statue. The idol has four hands with Shanku and Chakra in one hand of each side. Goddesses Rukhmini Devi is on the left and Satyabhama on the right side of the Lord Venugopalaswamy.
There is another temple of Sri Kodhanda Ramaswamy behind this temple in the same campus. There is a tank at a distance near the temple where 'Teppotsavam' is held every year. The 'Gali Gopuram' of this temple was build in the year 1779 AD according to the inscriptions in the temple. Thus tihs temple is believed to be build much prior to 1779 AD. This Gopuram is 80 feet high. According to an inscription in this temple, Raja Raja Chola has performed Yagna in this temple and donated land to many Shiva temples.